Tuesday, May 15, 2012

breaking your own heart





We don't have to care about everything people say.

I know it seems like we do, we have to take it all in, believe it, understand everything about it.

Something I've learned is that not everything people say I have to listen to.

I used to sit there for hours, listening to everyone's problems and trying to fix them.  I wen to bed, crying for them and not for my own pain I had bottled up.  I started to figure out when people would want to complain to me.  Sometimes it was a 'how's life?' or 'how are you doing?'.  I used to be so prepared to give them advice, but now I know I can avoid it.

Why do I avoid people's problems?

It's not because I'm selfish and I want to complain about my own.  I just don't need to take everyone's problems as my own.

I guess, you're just breaking your own heart by taking everything personally.  Sometimes, it's hard to remember that people aren't always trying to hurt us because of something we did.  It might just be that they are going through something and they need to take it out on someone.

You don't have to be someone else's punching bag.  There is a fine line between listening and being a target.  If they want you to fix their problems, the line was probably crossed.

I'm not sure how this fits in or anything, but it bugs me when people are constantly saying the same thing over and over.  We can only hear so many times about the same problem before we want to fix it, which can actually lead to more problems.

I guess my point is that you don't need to take everyone's problems as your own.  You don't have to try and fix them.  Sometimes, when people say something mean to you, it's a reflection of them not you.  There is a fine line between listening and being the punching bag for someone.  If they need to release anger, they should literally go take it out on a punching bag or hammer nails into wood, or something.

There's my random ramble/blog post haha :P

Have a fantastic week!!!

Picture:
http://weheartit.com/entry/25567690
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...