Wednesday, July 30, 2014

road trip: day 3!

The network is so spotty where I’m at right now so posting yesterday was not going to happen.  After two nights of being in Ouray, we are headed to the four corners!  But before we leave, I decided I would make an effort to get these pictures up!

I know it’s been a little longer than wanted, but we’re at a campsite with no electricity so charging my computer wasn’t really going to happen last night.  We hooked up the generator so I’m posting two days worth of pictures!

Yesterday morning we went to the hot springs where I was hit on by a boy who looked like he was about 13.  I’ll be honest, it made my day.  

We went back to the camp and ate some yummy lunch consisting of chocolate peanut butter sandwiches (it’s my new favorite food).  Then we headed up to a mine where we were able to walk through the mine and see what it was like to be a miner back in the day.  Unfortunately, it was lit by only a a few lamps on the wall so I couldn’t see through the camera lens to take any good pictures.  I did get a couple good shots at the gift shop!

After that we went to a shopping area with stores all up and down a long street.  Loki came with us but he was ready to run so we looked for a backpack for him (his was back at camp and it wasn’t that great given he could slid out at any moment).  Well, Loki ended up with the most expensive souvenir of the trip and it resulted in him being let into multiple stores and being loved on to no end.

Along the street there was an adorable little chocolate and ice cream parlor where I was left outside with the dog but later presented with a bar of dark chocolate with pumpkin and sunflower seeds.  The store had dubbed it 'The Hippy' since it was a vegan, seed, chocolate.

Anyways, here are the pictures of our trip so far!












Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...